QUICK & EASY CHRISTMAS COOKIE RECIPE
HO HO HO! Happy Holidays from my little family to yours.
CLICK HERE TO SHOP SCARLETT TEE
I was never big into baking around the holidays until this year when my daughter Scarlett became old enough to understand what Christmas is all about. I want to make as many wonderful traditions and magical memories for her as possible! So no better way to kick off the season than with some super quick and easy sugar cookies! (Because let's be honest, as moms quick and easy is music to our ears)
2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp of baking soda
1/2 tsp of baking powder
1 cup of butter - softened
1 1/2 cups of white sugar
1 tsp of vanilla extract
1) Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). In a small bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, and baking powder. Set aside.
2) In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until smooth. Beat in egg and vanilla. Gradually blend in the dry ingredients. Roll rounded teaspoonfuls of dough into balls, and place onto ungreased cookie sheets. Or if you would like to get creative with shapes simply roll out the dough and use Christmas cookie cutters for some fun!
3) Bake 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until golden. Let stand on cookie sheet two minutes before removing to cool on wire racks.
SUGAR COOKIE ICING
2 cups powdered sugar
1 1/2 Tablespoons light corn syrup
2 Tablespoons milk, more as needed
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract, can also use almond extract
1) Whisk together the powdered sugar, corn syrup, milk and vanilla in a bowl. Whisk until icing is smooth and glossy. It should be thick if you are using it as a piping. Add a 1/2 teaspoon more milk at a time to make the filling.
2) tiny with your choice of icing color
3) Spread the icing onto the cookies using a knife, spoon or frosting bag or bottle.
4) Add lots of fun sprinkles ✨